Sunday, May 23, 2010
Interview Questions: Inquiry Approach
Inquiry into social virtual communities: (Not limited to only these questions)
* What makes you stay engaged on a website (of any kind) for a long period of time?
* What "catches your eye" on a website and makes you linger a bit longer than usual to check it out?
* What makes you leave a website instantly or turns you off from returning to it again?
* Why do you blog?
* Why do you post on blogs?
* What makes you lurk on a website or blog but not post a comment?
* Why do you check in with certain blogs repeatedly?
Social Networking Questions:
* What types of virtual online communities do you belong to?
* Why do you return to some websites over others repeatedly?
* Why join social networking sites (Facebook, Myspace etc)? Why post on a social networking site?
* What makes you feel safe in a virtual online community to post your own opinions/comments?
* What elements of an online community turn you off from becoming a member?
* What elements of an online community entice you to become a member?
Online Activity Questions:
* What do you download most often from the internet?
* What do you upload to the internet?
* What do you spend most of your time online in regards to your professional career?
* What do you spend most of your time online in regards to your personal life?